We are a bridge between Christian and traditional Jewish congregations. We are dedicated to breaking down the ‚Äúdividing wall of hostility‚ÄĚ (Eph 2:14) between Jew and non-Jew. Messianic congregations are part of both communities as they practice the Torah and believe in Yeshua (Jesus) as Savior.”. In keeping with that idea, we are planning to add some articles to our website.
Our Jewish brothers and sisters distrust Christians and the Christian Messiah and our Christian brothers and sisters don’t keep Torah. The consequence of all this is that Jews and Christians are not receiving all the blessings that Abba has set aside for them AND, at the same time, they are receiving curses from Abba for their disobedience.
We hope you will read our articles, critically. We hope you, like the Bereans, will “receive the word with all readiness and search out the scriptures” so you can evaluate our articles. (Acts 17:10–12)
The goals of the articles we’re planning, is to explain why we do what we do without condemning others for their doctrines. Since everyone’s time is valuable, we intend to make the articles quick to read - 1000 words maximum length. Before publishing to our website, the articles will have to be approved by Kehilat B’nai Shalom’s Board of Directors.
If you would like to help with this, please sign up for B’nai Shalom’s Google Group at http://bnai-shalom.googlegroups.com/. This makes administering discussion and the writing easier for me. If you’ve never used a discussion group before, the system uses e-mail without giving away your email address. This is an anti-spam and pro-privacy feature. Also, we use this Google Group to send news to members of the shul.
Below is a list of the topics we have so far. If you would like to suggest a subject for an article we would certainly like to know your thoughts. If you would like to write or help write articles, we value your help. Topics can be combined for an article, instead of single subject articles. Let the Lord lead you.
- Christ Is The End Of The Law February 2009
- Circumcision February 2009
- Confessing Sin February 2009
- Falling Away March 2009
- Getting Serious February 2009
- Grafted In February 2009
- In What Language was the New Testament written April 2009
- Prayer March 2009
- The Law and Grace February 2009
- Siddur March 2009
- We Need Each Other February 2009
- What Does Galatians 4 Say About The Law? February 2009
- What is Messianic Judaism?
- Why Gods Sabbath? February 2009
- Why We Worship As We Do March 2009
Articles for Christians:
- The Law and Grace
- Why keep the Law?
- What is the Law?
- Grafted In - What does it mean?
- Why participate in God‚Äôs Holy Days?
- Why keep the Sabbath?
- Circumcision - How is it important?
- Binding and Loosing (Matt 16:13‚Äď20 & 18:15‚Äď19) (VAYISHLACH)
- Untaught/Unlearned People - Who are they? (2 Peter 3:16)
- Blessings and Curses for Believers (Ananias & Sepphira)
- Is The Law done away with?
Articles for Jews:
- The Jewishness of the Promised Messiah
- Where is Yeshua HaMashiach in the Tanakh?
- If a Jew believes in the Christian Messiah, does he become a Gentile?
- What traditions does Kehilot B‚Äônai Shalom keep?
- Address the issues from the article at http://www.aish.com/spirituality/philosophy/Why_Dont_Jews_Believe_In_Jesus$.asp
Articles for our Visitors:
- Etiquette in our House of Worship